We are thrilled we are getting back into the kitchen with Project Angel Food. Project Angel Food’s kitchen is 80% volunteer-driven. Kitchen volunteers don’t need to be great cooks, simply take direction from our professionally trained chefs. You’ll join compassionate people in chopping vegetables, stirring sauces, mixing batter, baking cookies, and packaging the meals.
- Please arrive promptly at 8:15am for your orientation. We will begin your orientation when all the participants arrive.
- Ask for someone in Volunteer Services when you arrive.
- Your kitchen shift will end around 12pm.
- You will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated including a booster. Please provide a photo of your card (paper or electronic).
Booster is required based on eligibility (6-8 months after last vaccination; 3 months after positive test result). A negative PCR test taken within 72 hours can replace proof of the booster.
- Please wear closed-toe, rubber-soled, flat shoes when working in the kitchen. No sandals.
- Wear comfortable clothes (No cut-offs/mid-riffs, cap sleeves or tank tops, please)--shorts are okay when working in the kitchen.
- New Health Department Regulations prohibit all jewelry on hands, fingers and arms. Please leave all valuable jewelry at home. No earrings are permitted.
- You will need to cover your heads so grab a hairnet that we will be providing. Hats can be worn over the hair net.
- There will be NO parking in the lot before 8am. For afternoon parking in the lot, please look for the spots that do not have signs reserved for vans.
- Please check your temperature as you enter the building. See the wall mounted thermometer near the sign in sheet. Indicate that you checked your temperature on the sign in sheet.
- Please don’t forget to sign in and out for every shift.
- Minimum age for volunteers is 14 years old. Anyone 14 or 15 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. 16 and 17 year olds must have a liability form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times. N-95, KN-95, surgical or surgical plus cloth mask options are required.
- Based on current requirements, we do not have 6-ft distancing in all situations.
- Please remember, only scheduled volunteers will be allowed in the building. No walk-ins and no bringing guests.
- Stay at home for at least 24 hours after fever/symptoms of fever without fever-reducing medication.
- Runny nose or cough, even if you think it is allergies – Cannot Volunteer
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 or were exposed to someone who has COVID-19, you cannot volunteer until testing negative (3-8 days after exposure).
Parking is available in the small lot at the rear of the building, as well as the entrance.